So my little boy has now had his 3rd trip to the emergency room. The first time he went was when he wasn't quite 1 and couldn't talk much. He landed on his foot funny and didn't walk on it for 3 days. Turned out he just had a sprained ankle. The second time he did something to his neck and I couldn't get him to move it. When I found him he was under the blankets off the end of my bed. He ended up with a strained muscle in his neck and was fine after that. On Friday we had our third trip.
I was in the shower and I could hear him crying. I got out and asked what was wrong. He told me he had his toy knife up his nose. I had just bought him a bunch of G.I. Joes on Thursday. They came with a bunch of tiny weapons, so I knew which knife it was. I asked him why he put it up his nose. He told me he was going to pull it out for me and say, "Surprise Mom!" Yeah surprise. I got a flashlight but I couldn't see the knife in there. I told Wade he was probably going to have to go to the doctor. He told me the knife could just stay in there forever. I called my Mom to see if she knew any tricks to getting it out. She said to take him to the ER. I also called Brent, he came home from work to see if he could see it and he couldn't either so he followed us to the hospital. When they used their little light in his nose they could see it so we knew it wasn't too far up there. To get it out they sprayed some nasal spray in his nose to open the air way up a little more then they had me do the parent kiss technique. What I had to do was cover the nostril that didn't have the toy and cover my mouth over his and blow fast and hard a couple of times. That pushed it down enough that he sneezed it the rest of the way out. So crazy! Only my child!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Haha - oh my gosh Lace. I know I shouldn't laugh but holy cow. I guess now I know what to do if one of my kids ever gets something stuck up their nose. Glad he's okay.
ReplyDeleteHEHE..........poor Wade. Jaeli would do it...but I think she'd swallow it before getting it stuck in her nose. EVERYTHING goes in her mouth still!
ReplyDelete